Monday, November 24, 2014

"In the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can!"



Well family, (I don't know how to start off these emails anymore) but this week was great! It just flew! I feel like we had so much to do that we just lost ourselves in the work. We were able to have a Zone Conference in Allen with 4 of the zones here in the mission. It was such an uplifting meeting. One of the topics that was discussed was the topic of grace. President Taylor said that, "By recognizing your weaknesses, you are actually coming unto Christ." That was interesting for me. But really when we do recognize our weaknesses, we become humble and we want to be better and strengthen our faults so then we go to Christ and our Heavenly Father and ask for help. I loved hearing that! So many times on your mission, I feel like your weaknesses are just brought to the "front burner" and you just feel so inadequate, but really Heavenly Father just wants you to realize that you need his help to over come them.

Our ward had a great Thanksgiving dinner and our investigator Hector was able to go and bring his wife. This ward is tiny, but they are super loving and they love to have a great time. The ward party was also a dance party, it is so hard with the mission rule of not being able to dance. Hector is amazing! He is just so ready to hear and accept this gospel and he comes to church every Sunday! We have set a baptismal date with him and I am excited to keep working with him. He loves the missionaries, he has been taught by so many. The ward loves him and really wants to see him progress in the gospel. He has lung cancer and is the only one really interested in his family, but he is amazing. He has such great faith and confidence in Heavenly Fathers plan for him. He loves church and all the activities!

This Thanksgiving I am excited to be a missionary. There are so many things that I am thankful for, I couldn't even begin to list them all off. Some of the key ones are my family, the gospel, the scriptures, the friends that I have made on my mission, the car that we have to drive here in Texas, and the opportunity that I have to serve right now it Rowlett! The holiday season is so fun to be a missionary because you can really just loose yourself and serve others. My companion and I are making 7 dozen cookies this week for the Heath Texas Stake Christmas activity next Sunday! WOOHOO! The times just keep getting better!

Hope everyone has a great week! Look up this talk if you get the chance it is SO good! It has totally changed my mission and how I look at grace!
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966

A new motto that I have is,
"Life's battles don't always go to the faster or stronger man,
but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can!"

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment