Monday, June 2, 2014

Vale la Pena!

WOW WOW WOW!! Family, it is so good to be back to my "mission birthplace." I love this work, I love this gospel, I love my companion, I love my area, and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! Sorry that last week was so short, because it was a holiday, we weren't allowed to email for very long! Anyways, there is so much to tell you. So, I was transfered back to Carrollton, which is where I started my mission. At first I wasn't too excited to come back because I wanted to go somewhere else and learn another area, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me here. It was hard to leave the Dallas area after only being there for 6 weeks because I feel like I didn't even make a difference in the area! But, I know that I am supposed to be back here. Saying goodbye to the ward and missionaries was hard but good. It is crazy that you can gain such a close relationship with the ward, its leaders and the missionaries that serve around you in just a short period of time!
Last Tuesday, we all met at Meandering Way and had transferrs. There I said goodbye to missionaries that were going home and also saw some other "old mission friends" I also got my new companion. SHE IS THE BEST! I love her so much. Her name is Hermana Enriquez! She is from Guanajuato, Mexico! Everyday is like 15 hours of straight language study because she doesn't speak English very well, but she is an amazing missionary. She is a convert, so her conversion story is fun to hear and also how she came to America! Ah, I just love her! She has taught me so much and I am so confident with my Spanish, it is great!
We are living with members right now and they are crazy! (In a good way!) It is weird living with members because they just love to talk, but we always don't have a ton of time to talk. Also, they are grandparents, so on Sundays all of their kids and grandkids come over for Sunday dinner, it is really fun! We just have one small room to ourselves, but we are hardly ever there so it doesn't really matter!
Being back in Carrollton is great! Yesterday at church, it was so fun to see some familiar faces like the Boyd's, Beard's, Ruiz, Boltons, Casares Family, and so many others. It was great to get so many hugs and now that I am back here again, I can actually talk with them and understand them. At the begining of my mission, I hardly could so it is fun to be back and to "reedem" myself. I also have the chance to see the Putz family, my first baptism in the mission,so that is cool! We are doing a lot of knocking right now and a lot of just teaching the first lesson, but that is okay! We talk to so many people everyday and I just know that Heavely Father has blessings for us, we just have to get over this little hump of knocking a ton! It is just getting hot here and the bugs are biting like crazy! (My legs are destroyed!) But VALE LA PENA! (It is worth it!)
YO SE QUE CON TODO MI CORAZON QUE ESTE ES LA OBRA DEL SENOR! (I know, with all of my heart, that this is Heavenly Father's work!)Thank you for all of your support, and for the love that I feel! Thank you for everything, and know that I have never been so happy, tired and itchy in my entire life, but I LOVE IT!!
Have a wonderful week,
Hermana Cattich
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT 

No comments:

Post a Comment