Monday, June 9, 2014

"Give me mountains to climb!"

WOW! That is all I can say to describe this week! Wow for how hot it is, wow for how many bug bites I have, wow for all the lessons we taught and wow for all the wonderful people that we met! Life can't get any better than this.
This week we did exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and it was probably the hottest day ever, but we found 3 amazing people! It totally makes up for all the doors you knock and for all the doors that get slammed in your face. One of the people that we found is a mother and her son. She told us that she felt like she didn't know God and that she wanted to know him and she wants her children to know him too. We shared with them the first lesson and as we were sharing the first vision, she started to cry. We just sat there for a few minutes and the spirit was so strong. We waited for her to talk and Hermana Crosgrove invited her to be baptized right then and there and she accepted. We have a lesson with them tonight so hopefully all goes well.
We also have been working with some less actives and we found the cutest family that was baptized almost 2 years ago. They feed us dinner and we are going to have a family home evening with them on Thursday night! There was a batism in the ward yesterday of the Elders. It is always amazing to see someone step into the waters of baptism and to start a whole new life. It is also cool to see my missionary friends baptize people and excercise their priesthood. Pretty much everything is the mission is amazing!
We also had Zone Meeting this week, and my zone leaders are awesome! They are really on top of missionary work and are really obedient. We had trainings from the district leaders and then we set some zone goals for this next transfer! I cant believe that we are already entering week 3 of this transfer.....time needs to stop. This monthly focus is on Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel which is developing Christ like attributes! I think the mission is the perfect place to learn love, paticence, dilligence, faith, and charity. We have to write a few talks for the upcoming training in a week and a half!
About the heat and bugs....everytime we pass a pool I just hope that some kid will come up and push me in or that someone will just splash me so I can cool off. We are drinking a ton of water and just pushing through it though. I have so many bug bites on my legs it looks like chicken pocks, but that is okay! My new favoirte food is Papusas (from El Salvador) and my favorite drink is Horchata! I am getting more adventerous with food!
I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Hermana Cattich
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment