Monday, May 19, 2014

Just another manic Monday!

Wow, week 6 of the transfer is already here and transfer calls are this Saturday! Yesterday I hit 8 months, and my companion goes home in 2, where is the time going? The work is starting to pick up here, but I am scared that all the work will come to an end this next week. Transfer calls are going to be crazy because this is the last transfers that President Durrant will do, so who knows what he has up his sleeve!

We received a referral from the Gladys Knight concert from a boy that recently returned home from his mission, but the rest of his family weren't members. We set up an appointment with them, and we were able to go over and have a very powerful lesson with them. The returned missionary was able to bear his testimony and you could just feel the Spirit so strongly. My companion was testifying of how she knew the Book of Mormon was true and in my mind I was trying to think of the best, most correct Spanish sentences to say, but apparently I looked like I was really tired as I was staring off trying to think really hard, so the dad asked me if I was falling asleep. AWKWARD. All I was trying to do was bear my testimony, but that is okay, we were able to have a really good lesson, and I could tell that they could feel something different.

We have been knocking a lot lately, and sometimes it is really hard because it is so hot and you can just feel the sweat dripping everywhere, but it makes it all worth it when you find that one person who has been waiting to hear your message. One thing that I have noticed a lot recently is that people, when they let you in to their house, are very open with you and don't really hesitate to tell you anything. We end up hearing their whole life story. Sometimes it is good, but other times not so much, but I take it as a compliment that they trust us so much. I think that people realize that there is something different about these 2 girls knocking on their door.

We are visiting a less active that has been in the hospital but no one in the ward knew that she was there. She suffered from a stroke after falling out of bed, and has lost the control of the left side of her body. When we visit her, her speech is usually pretty slow but her brain is still very sharp. We go there almost everyday because she needs help eating. We sing to her different hymns and we read conference talks with her. She has the most amazing testimony I have ever heard. All she says is that she know that she was given this trial for a reason and that she can always feel God's love. Also, when she gets better she wants to just serve all the people that are here in the hospital because she knows how hard it is to be here. She always asks us what we need and wants to serve us. The Elders were able to give her a blessing a few days ago and tears just filled her eyes. We are trying to get ward members to go and visit her, but they often say that they are too busy with their own lives, how sad. I hope that we can start to find some people to visit her, because she really is amazing.

This week I have been super tired, but I think that is just because of the heat, it really wears you out! I think it is funny because the more tired I am, the happier I am. I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints! WOOHOO!! Also, I want to give a shout out to Megan ______ for her awesome missionary experience that she shared with me. She is amazing for taking the opportunity to give her friend a Book of Mormon and to answer some questions!

"Everyone is ready to hear the gospel, this isn't the time for planting the seed, this is the time for harvesting!" - Anonymous! Have a great week!

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment