Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Miracle!

Oh family what a wonderful time it is to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and to be able to say, without a doubt in my mind, that this is the true church. I was able to return to my "mission home" of Plano and see an old investigator get baptized by the Branch President! It was so rewarding as I was able to receive her from coming out of the font. She had tears in her eyes, and she couldn't stop saying how she was so happy that she could start her life over again! I hugged her for about 5 minutes as we both wouldn't let go, I was soaking wet but I didn't care. It was amazing. She is my age, so that was pretty cool to say that I was able to introduce someone that was my own age to the gospel!

This past week we have be contacting referrals from the Gladys Knight concert and we received a referral of a Spanish speaking family, so my companion and I were pretty excited. We went by and ended up meeting the mom and the oldest daughter. We set up a return appointment for Saturday but they called us and cancelled. As church was about to start on Sunday, we were walking in to the chapel and the whole family was there! All 4 of them, and we didn't do anything to get them there, they came on their own. It was amazing! It made me realize that Heavenly Father does play the biggest part in this work and without him, we wouldn't be able to do anything. Because of this family, we were able to have 6 investigators in church in the Dallas 9th ward and for Mother's Day!

I was also able to talk to my family, especially my mother yesterday! It was so good to see them and crazy to think that I only have one more Skype session and then I will be home, but don't worry I am not thinking about that already! My mom is amazing and I hope she felt special yesterday. I know that I couldn't be here on my mission without the support of my mother and all of my family!

We are still in the finding process but we have been given approval by the mission president to speak both Spanish and English because our area that we share with the elders is so big. So whoever we find, we teach!  Woohoo! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and that everyone was able to Skype their missionary!

I love you all!

Hermana Cattich

COME WAHT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment