Monday, May 5, 2014

Gladys Knight and the Pips

Well family, another week has flown by! It is just starting to get hot, I sweat all the time, and the bugs are starting to bite, but all is good because I am doing the Lord's work in the best mission ever! This week was a little slow though but I know that I am just being taught patience. We are really trying to do a lot of reactivation work and it is hard when the members don't want missionaries to come to their house anymore or have hurt feelings because of the people in the ward. Please be nice to everyone! We are all loved children of our Heavenly Father, and this is his church. He wants us to all be here and supporting one another and learning more of him. There are so many people out there that are looking for more truth and this is the church where you can find it. You can also find love, peace and happiness and members that want to act on their faith. How amazing it is to be a member and a missionary of this church. In my area, I just know that there are so many places to knock and so many amazing people to meet! I love Dallas, Texas!

This week, our mission had the honor of having Gladys Knight here for 7 concerts and we were able to bring our investigators, less actives and recent converts. She is a member of our church and she shared her testimony and also had her choir sing some fun songs. It was so great! We were able to bring some less actives and they loved it and we also brought Lily and her boyfriend! I could feel the spirit so strongly and I know that each person that was there could feel it too. It was cool because she was a Christian before she converted to our church and there are a lot of people here in Texas, that know of her because of her gospel music. There was such a good turn out!

We are continuing to work with our investigators and trying to always talk to more people. Before my mission I was so scared to go up to people but know I walk up to random people on the street and bear my testimony. It is crazy what 7.5 months on a mission can do! I know that there is no way that I could do this without Heavenly Father's help. This week I have the awesome opportunity to return back to Plano for a baptism! Woohoo! Plano is seriously my home on the mission. I am so excited to celebrate another one of my investigators coming closer unto Christ. This work is truly amazing!

I hope everyone has a great week and we all remember that we are children of our Heavenly Father!

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment