Monday, March 10, 2014

New Transfer!

I am so sorry for not emailing on Monday! There was another ice storm here so my whole zone got stuck at the church all day Monday. We always go to the church at 6 am on Mondays so that we can play sports and study and then email, but at about 8 we all got messages from the Assistants that we are to stay inside all day. We weren't allowed to be out on the streets or anything, so we ordered pizza and played sports all day long. Transfer calls were on Saturday night and it was a shocker to everyone. I love my zone so much and most of them are leaving. No one wants to leave either. I am getting a new companion, her name is Hermana Rusche. I don't know much about her, all I know is that she is not very "old" in the mission. My companion right now, Hermana Munyer, is going to Rowlett. My zone leader is leaving and so is most of the zone. We were all really sad and shocked, but at least we all get to hang out with each other on Monday. It was a fun final Preparation Day all together. 

Our investigators that we have been teaching here for 3 transfers, are finally getting baptized! The mother and one of the sons are getting baptized on March 15th! We are so excited!! We knew that she was going to get baptized some time, but we finally sat down with her and set a date. She told us that she knew that she needed to get baptized to be an example to her husband and her other 2 sons! We are so excited for her and her family. They have been to church every Sunday for the past 4 months! It is amazing that people are being prepared for the missionaries to find them. The Sanchez family recently had an experience, well about 8 months ago, where they knew that they needed to stop drinking alcohol and smoking. Then 3 months later the missionaries found them and then VOILA....here we have a family that will be baptized and take one step closer to becoming a forever family!

Transfers were yesterday, and I am so lucky to be staying in Plano. I LOVE PLANO! My new companion is Hermana Ruesch! She is great and a very diligent, obedient missionary. We have only had one day together, and the first few days with a new companion are always interesting, but I can tell that this is going to be a great transfer! I am so excited for all that we will be doing! I know that we are going to see miracles this transfer, so it should be really good.

I hope everyone is warm and safe and if you have any extra time this week, read Alma 5. I think this is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. There are so many questions being asked and it makes you really evaluate yourself. It also talks about the atonement and becoming humble! It is amazing. If there is one thing that I have learned is that I need to humble myself and really focus on the people and on the work.

Have a wonderful week and love you all,

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment