Monday, March 17, 2014

My week of miracles!!

To begin, I had the wonderful opportunity to be at a baptism of my investigators on Saturday! The mother and her son were baptized and the dad is just waiting on a few more things so we are hoping that he won't be too far away from his baptism. The baptism was amazing. You could feel the Spirit so strongly and when they bore their testimonies. The dad and all of the missionaries were crying! The Elders gave a spiritual message while they were changing and one elder has only been out for 2 weeks and as he said the First Vision, and there was not a dry eye in the room. Ahhh, I love this work! How could you not deny that it is true?!?
We were also blessed with another miracle. We were knocking and we found a family of 8. (6 kids all under the age of 8 and one on the way) and they used to live in Mesa. They have visited the Temple Visitors Center many times before. They were so excited for us to be in their home! The dad has a lot of questions, but we are more than willing to answer them. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and they loved it! Teaching them lessons is a little hard because there are so many kids, and they live in a TINY apartment and there is just so much chaos, but you can really tell that they appreciate our help. 

We also had another miracle this week. So on the weeks that you have baptisms you try to reach your "zone standards". It is basically just like goals for the week that you have baptisms and it is just super hard to reach them. This past week cause we knew that we were going to have a baptism so we were working so hard!! In order to reach standards you just have to teach a tons of lessons, have people in church and teach lessons with members present! We had meet all of the other standards but we just needed to have 3 investigators in church. We were praying all week for Heavenly Father to help us meet standards and to help us find investigators to come to church. We knew that we were going to have 2 investigators in church, we just needed one more. On Sunday morning, we had Missionary Council and in the door walks an old investigator that we haven't heard from in a long time. Heavenly Father answered our prayers, it was amazing! Heavenly Father really helps out his missionaries!

Another miracle this morning, we found a HUGE dead cockroach on the floor of our bathroom. It was a miracle that it was dead and not alive! I can't believe that this week I hit my 6 month mark, The time has just flown. It needs to stop. I love being a missionary and all the lessons that I have learned and wonderful people that I have met. Another wonderful person that I have met is Oliva. She is wonderful. She is an investigator that we are working with and she is my age. It is my goal to baptize that is my same age. This past week we were talking about how the world has become numb to the truth and she told us that she knows that this is the exactly path that she needs to take. The obstacle with her is that she is pregnant and she is due any day now. I know that one day she will be baptized and she will be a friend of mine forever. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, I know that I will! 

Love you all,

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment