Monday, March 24, 2014

"LSHMSFOAIDMT"

Well everyone I know that my title for this email is a little different but it has a purpose I promise! It stands for "Laughed so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco." One of our investigators showed us this and we were busting up laughing. Oh my, I love being a missionary and working with the Hispanic culture. They know how to have so much fun and make some amazing food. The bean problem still exists, but "poco a poco" or little by little, they will start to be more enjoyable. For the first time this week I ate pig hide. I have learned not to ask what it is that I am eating and just eat it. But hey now I can say that I have eaten pig hide. What is so amazing about serving in a place like Dallas Texas is you meet people from all over; El Salvador, Honduras, Peru, Chile, Argentine, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Mexico and so many other countries and they each have some food that is special to their country, so I have ave been able to try some crazy food! 

This week I have gained a testimony of how Heavenly Father looks out for his missionaries. I had a very scary incidence that could have ended in disaster, but Heavenly Father is watching out for all of his children. After the experience, I was sitting in the car and my companion told me, "Heavenly Father loves us so much." We were analyzing the situation and there is just no way that it was by coincidence that it didn't end up in disaster. My eyes filled with tears as I knew that I was a daughter of my Heavenly Father. Everyday I see His love in this work and I am so blessed to be a recipient of it. I am so blessed to also show the people of Plano, Texas how much their Heavenly Father loves them. It is true love that motivates people to change and brings miracles.

During personal study this week I was studying about the Christ-Like attribute of diligence and what it means to be diligent in all that we do. I found an amazing scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 75:2-5. It talks about how we have given up who we are to be missionaries and work in the vineyard of the lord. It talks about how we should not be idle in our efforts and raise our voice to the sound of a trumpet and if we do this and labor diligently, we will be able to be crowned with glory and have eternal life. I feel like those are some pretty good blessings. In the Branch that I serve in, although there are only about 35-40 active members, they can still all make a difference. We all can make a difference. We are trying  to get them excited about missionary work because we all want to branch to become a ward one day so we will all have to work together.

My week was pretty normal, knocking doors and finding amazing people! The Hispanic culture is so friendly to us as sister missionaries. They always offer for us to come in their house and they give us water. They usually just like to talk to us because they are so amazed that "white" girls know Spanish. Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful week, filled with miracles. Know that Heavenly Father loves you all so much!

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment