Monday, October 6, 2014

We love you, we love you, we love you....YA!

Wow family, this week was really something else. Conference was great! I was able to watch all of the sessions with investigators, recent converts and all of the missionaries. My favorite talk was by Elder Bednar of the final session and then all of the talks from the Young Womens Session. I feel like a reoccuring theme was "build your foundation on the rock of Jesus Christ" and "perservere to the end!" I love both of these! As missionaries we teach others the doctrine of Christ so that they can start a firm foundation for their personal lives and for their families. Then, we teach them that it is not enough just to be baptized and recieve the Holy Ghost but that we need to continue doing the right things every day to further our conversion. I loved some of the answers that they gave us or things that we should do weekly and daily. We need to go to the temple more, we need to hold a regular family home evening, and we need to teach our children how to do family indexing and to actively participate in the work of salvation. These are all great lessons that I have learned and that I want to apply to my future family, in 30 years from now :) haha
 
This week was good. We knocked alot and we had a lot of fun doing it. We even did a "car fast" day which means that we don't use our car at all, we just walked everywhere. I loved it. You can talk to a lot more people and really have some interesting conversations. Its nice now to walk right now because it isn't very hot, so we are probably going to start walking a lot more. We have been doing a lot of finding and we are still working on strengthening the ward. Our ward is so big and the missionaries have a lot of work to do to "rescue the lost and strengthen the feeble knees."he people of our ward are so humble, some of them just need a gentle reminder of what the gospel of Jesus Christ did for them. I love being a missionary and working with these wonderful people.
 
I am sorry I don't have very much today, but know that I know that this is the work of Heavenly Father, and that there is no place I would rather be. I love and miss you all so much! Have a wonderful week!
 
Hermana Cattich
 
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment