Monday, September 8, 2014

This is my life!

Well family, after a long "battle" of 4 months, Concepcion was finally baptized yesterday after church. She is amazing and has the strongest testimony I have ever heard. She went up and bore her testimony during sacrament meeting and I was crying. I can't believe that I was blessed to know her and to help her, it could have been any other missionary, but Heavenly Father knew that I needed her in my life. The baptism was beautiful and she was with all of her family and closest friends. Her husband threatened to divorce her because of her decision but when we went and talked to her on Saturday about it, she said that nothing was going to change her mind. Hermana Enriquez came back and gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and then we did a musical number. The ward was awesome and so supportive of her. She is one of the people that I know that I was supposed to meet in Texas! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to find her, meet her, teach her and be an instrument in the Lord's hands to help bring her to the true church. It has been a hard 4 months but I have grown so much because of her and her testimony. Ahhh, I love this work!
Hermana Walton, Concepcion and Hermana Enriquez
 
This week has been hard but has also had its little miracles! A few weeks ago we were filling up our car with gas and a random man just came up to my companion and started talking to her in Spanish, and she had no idea what to do. She was trying to get my attention to come over and talk to him, it was really funny! After I was talking to him for awhile, I found out that he was the brother of one of the YSA ward members and that he knows that the church is true and wants to be reactivated in the church. The YSA members name is Daniella and she is amazing! She will come out with us to appointments (her native language is Spanish!) and so last night we went over to her appartment and her brother was there and we taught him the first lesson. It is Daniella's biggest wish right now to help her brother come back to the church so we taught him about the Restoration, but we just wanted to have her bare her testimony the whole time. In the middle of the lesson, I turned to her and asked her to share her testimony and she shared the most heartfelt testimonies that I have ever heard. By the end of it, all of us where crying. It was amazing!! The spirit was so strong, and her brother, all he could say was that he knows this church is true!
 
We also found this amazing couple from El Salvador (the make the papusas....my FAVORITE!!) and they are amazing! The wife loved the Book of Mormon and started reading it right when we gave it to her! It was so amazing. It is so cool to see people get so excited over the gospel because it reminds me that I can't take the little things for granted. The gospel changes lives! I know it, I live it, I love it!!
 
All I can say is that right now, I have the best life in the whole entire world. I don't want to be anywhere else but here! I hope that everyone else has a wonderful week, and know that the missionaries are working hard, and they are willing to help! Get to know them!
My District! My favorite so far on my mission!
Love you all!
 
Hermana Cattich
 
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment