Monday, September 15, 2014

The Show Must Go On...

Well family, life is crazy. It always is, but this week I had some unexpected events happen to me and it has been a very humbling week. Concepcion was baptized and the week you have a baptism you want to hit mission "standards" which are just like high goals you can hit the week you have a baptism. Hermana Walton and I were super excited and confident because we knew we would be able to reach them. The week started off great, but then it began to crash and burn....oh how I love being a missionary.

On Wednesday we had exchanges, so Hermana Hadlock came here for the day. On Thursday morning, I woke up in the middle of the night with a dream that bugs were crawling on me, it didn't really phase me but when I woke up in the morning, I went to the bathroom and then the thought crossed my mind....BEDBUGS. I decided I would go check and if they were there I would need to stay completely calm. Of course, to my unpleasnt suprise, when I lifted up my sheets, all I saw were little bugs crawling all over the place. OH GOODNESS! This is the second time on my mission that I have had bed bugs. We quickly lifted and took my bed outside, and started to tear apart everything. The members that we live with weren't too excited either. Elder Midgley, who is in charge of the housing for the mission, came and heated up our room to about 150 degrees because heat kills the bed bugs. We had to remove everything, and we had to wash every single article of clothing and bedding and we went and used to elders laundry and did laundry practically all day long. It was a nightmare. Our room was destroyed and now we don't know where anything is. Hermana Walton was so calm, it has been great, but Thursday was a rough day.

On Friday we went back to our missionary duties and were trying so hard to reach the Zone Standards goals, and we were right on tract. We had planned everything and everything was going through. We were so excited because not even bed bugs could stop us. B,ut Saturday night, as we stopped by some investigators to invite them to church our car was towed. AWFUL! We had been gone for about 10 minutes and when we went back to our car, it was gone. Some teenagers came up to us and told us that they had just taken the car away about 3 minutes earlier. GOODNESS. We ended up calling some people and they came and picked us up but this morning we had to go to the mission office to drive with Elder Larsen and his wife to pick up our car in Dallas.

My my my what a week it has been, but I just don't think I can say enough that IT IS ALL WORTH IT. We didn't end up meeting standards which was hard but, I know that these little trials have all taught Hermana Walton and I something. She is so positive and I am so grateful for her because without her this week I probably would have just given up. I love being a missionary. I have never been more tired in my entire life, but everyday is just amazing! I love this work, and I love being a missionary, I love Jesus Christ. I hope everyone had a wonderful week!

Hermana Cattich


No comments:

Post a Comment