Monday, August 18, 2014

I AM HAVING A BABY!

Well family, transfer call night is always a little stressful here in the mission but this one was a call that I was not expecting. Elder Willams, one of the assistants, called me and told me that I will be training a new missionary straight from the MTC. In the mission training means "having a baby!" When I recieved the call, it was the last thing that I thought would happen and to be honest I am completely scared out of my mind, but thankfully another Hermana that came out with me, Hermana Maxfield, is training as well so we are able to cry together. Tomorrow morning we will go and pick up our new companions. I am so scared. I started to cry right when I recieved the call, I was just so overwhelmed with the feelings of inadequacy, but I know that this experiece will be for my benefit. If anything these next 12 weeks are going to humble me and really bring me to my knees to ask Heavenly Father for help. I am thankful for the trust that President Taylor and Heavenly Father have put in me to train a new missionary. If you want to see my real reaction, you can check out Sister Whitleys blog, she got it all on camera! http://moronitenfour.blogspot.com/
 
This week was slow and hot but we also had Zone Conference down in South Dallas, combined with 3 other zones. It was so good and President Taylor put me on the spot and had my email that I wrote him last week (we have to write an email to the mission president every week) and he read it infront of all the missionaries then made me get up and explain my letter about member missionary work, I was terrified. But other than that, the meeting was great. At the end of all the big meetings, if there are missionaries going home, we listen to their final testimonies and sing, "God Be With You T'ill We Meet Again!" This time, one of my best friends from the mission is going home, Hermana McDaniel, and she bore her testimony along with the other missionaries and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I am going to miss her so much!
 
This week we had a miracle! We were knocking and sweating....what else is new....and we ended up knocking into a lady that we have talked to before, but this time she let us in! She asked us what the difference is from our church to others and we had an amazing lesson with her! She was crying during the first vision and everything made sense to her. We invited her to come to church and all the kids were screaming saying that they wanted to come to church, and she was smiling! I was so happy for them. It also turns out that there are members that live in the apartment right above them, and the Hermano has talked to them about the church before! It was amazing what the Lord does to prepare his children. They weren't able to come to church yesterday, but hopefully they will have the desire to come next week!
 
I am so excited, nervous, scared and just about every feeling that you can feel for this upcoming week but I am excited for the opportunity! Today I also hit my 11 month mark. This time is going crazy and I cant believe I will be home in 7 months. This time is just getting faster and faster! I hope everyone has a great week and that school is going well for everyone that just started! Love you all!
 
Hermana Cattich
 
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT!
What am I going to do without this girl?!?

My Zone Leaders, we cant take a decent picture, but they are awesome anyways!

Just doing our normal missionary duties, going to miss her so much!

All the missionaries in my ward and only 3 of us are staying!

Peace out Elder Lynn! We came in the mission the same day and yet I go home 6 months before him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment