Monday, August 11, 2014

Do I hear wedding bells?!?

This week has been an amazing week! I was able to go back and see Lily Rojel get married and baptized! She was so prepared from the moment that Hermana McDaniel and I met her. This is a day that we had been waiting for for a long time! We had a wedding ceremony for them and the bishop was able to marry them. Then after the wedding, practically the whole ward came for the baptism. The missionaries that are serving there now, set up the gym and made it a really fun reception with decorations and everything. It was so awesome and a party! There was good food and company and it was just a night that I will always remember on my mission, even though we still had to be home by 9:30! (Good ole mission rules!!) I got to go back with my old companion, Hermana McDaniel, and we had so much fun. The gospel is changing lives!
This is Sebastian Putz! He was my first baptism on the mission!
 
This week we also had Zone Meeting! I love my zone, especially my Zone Leaders! They do so much for the missionaries and they are just wonderful. Their companionship slogan is, "What a thrill." They say it all the time and I swear it just makes everyone laugh.They wanted to do a Zone Meeting, "that had never been done before" and it was probably the most fun missionary meeting I have ever been too. All of the companionships were asked to train and everyone was laughing and crying and there just wasn't a dull moment! It was so fun! My companion and I were asked to train on love and charity, I think we did a pretty good job. Some of the other trainings were on following the prophet, patience, having fun, and working out in the mornings! There is a trio of Elders in our Zone and they did and interpretive dance as well. Oh goodness, life is just too much fun. But to end all of the chaos and laughs, Elder Day, one of the Zone Leaders, started to bear his testimony and we had a little testimony meeting. Everyone was in tears and the spirit was so strong! Ahhhh I love being a missionary.
 
This week was hot, YES, but I am not going to complain about it anymore because everyday I wake up, I am just more grateful for another day here in Texas! Although I will never live here, I sure love the people and serving them! Concepcion is doing so great! She loved the temple and continues to talk about it. Right now she is in Utah touring Temple Square and also going through the Ogden Temple Open house. Not going to lie, I am a little bit jealous, but that is okay! Transfer calls are this week, I cannot believe it. I only have 5 transfers left, it's not even fair. I am interested to see what is going to happen this transfer, even though I am pretty positive that I am staying and going to get a new companion, we will see though! Transfer call night never ceases to amaze me! I love Texas and the Texas bugs! I love the spanish people and all the interesting food that they give us! love this area, the ward and all the miracles that we are seeing everyday! I love being a missionary and a representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ! What a thrill!
 
I hope everyone has a great week!
 
Love you all,
 
Hermana Cattich
 
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT
WEDDING TIME!

All the sisters that have taught her and her husband!


We were having way to much fun!

I love her!

Some of the missionaries that taught her. The elder, Elder Valdez taught her over a year ago with some other elders that are home now but he got to come see her before he leaves his mission is a week!


The after party!

The original Dallas/ Lakewood Missionaries!

Original Dalls 1st Missionaries (except Elder Ludlow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment