Monday, February 10, 2014

The Tale of the 4 Sick Misisonaries

First, I want you all to know that Heavenly Father loves you all so very much. We are all children of God and he has given us this life on earth to learn and grow. I know that sometimes it is difficult but Heavenly Father never lets us suffer alone. He is always with us. I feel Heavenly Fathers love everyday and I see miracles. It is amazing to have a calling where I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands and promise people blessings!  This week was great! Plano is so ready to hear and accept the gospel. We find people everyday to teach. So many people are looking for a place to belong and a church to belong to, it is amazing! Heavenly Father places people in our path everyday just to talk to and it is never just a coincidence that we meet them. We don't have very many progressing investigators right now but that is okay. We are trying to find more people to teaching so we are in the finding process.

This past week we (Elder Manning, Elder Belnap, Hermana Munyer and I) ate with a member. The food was great, of course there was beans so I knew that I was going to have a stomach ache later on that night. (That is usually my side effect of eating beans.) Well that night, I was totally fine. I was so happy, I thought that I had finally over come my bean eating problem. Well the next day Hermana Munyer and I were fighting for the bathroom. We then got a text message from the Elders asking if we were having any "side effects" from the meal last night? They continued to tell us that they were both having problems and fighting for the bathroom as well. All 4 of us got food poisoning! We were all stuck inside for a day. We had to teach English class though that night, so we all went to the church and tried to make it through a lesson. Food poisioning is always fun!

Other than that my week was great! Hermana Munyer and I were knocking in some appartments and a lady answered the door. She asked us if we were the "missionaries de los santos dias?" We both replied yes! She willingly let us in and was telling us how she had met with the missionaries back in Kansas but that her husband does not like our church. She has even been to church a few times and still reads the Book of Mormon. It was crazy! We have a lesson with her later on this week. We are also working with a family right now. They are what we like to call "eternal investigators" but we are really starting to work with them and have deep lessons. We are always bringing members to try and fellowship them. They are a wonderful family and they have such a strong testimony, they just need to take the leap of faith. That is a hard part for so many people, to leave their family traditions behind and start something new, but I know that they know that this church is true!

On Sunday, I have the awesome opportunity to go back to Lewisville and see the Putz family be baptized. I am so excited for them and I cannot wait to see them. They are my miracle family and I know that they are making the best decision ever. I am so proud of them!

I have such a strong testimony that this gospel changes lives. It makes people want to be better and it promises us so many blessings if we are obedient. I know that my family is forever and that the plan that Heavenly Father has for us is a plan of true and everlasting happiness. I am so grateful to have this gospel in my life. Thank you for all the support that I have! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment