Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pompas....I MEAN PAPAS!

Oh my goodness, this week was amazing! I have the best story to tell!
So a few weeks ago we were knocking, and we talked to this man and set up a return appointment for Sunday. We couldn't go back because the time of the baptism changed. So on Tuesday, we decided to go back and find the man again. As we were walking up to the door, a boy came out and asked us kind of rudely what we wanted and why we were there. We kindly explained to him our purpose and who we were. He asked us what we could tell him that would help him and we started to bear our testimonies. He then told us that he wanted us to come in and hear more of what we had. 

As we were talking to him he started to open up to us and he was just saying things that were amazing! We were scrambling for something to share with him because we wanted the lesson to be perfect. He was telling us how he knew that Heavenly Father was there and loved him. He said that he wanted to pray to Heavenly Father. We told him that when he prays he will be talking to Heavenly Father and he will hear and answer his prayers. We then had him pray and it was the most heartfelt prayer I have ever heard. It was about 5 minutes long. We were all crying, the spirit was so strong. After the prayer we asked him what he felt, and he said that he felt loved! We were so excited! He said that he was thankful that we could keep the promises that we said would happen. He then told us when he saw us walking up the path that he wanted to turn us away, but something told him not to. I was seriously in shock when he was saying all this stuff! At the end of the lesson he said that he knows this is the path that God wants him to take. My jaw literally dropped! We have another appointment with him today so we will see what happens!

We are working with some great investigators! We have a family named the Sanchez family and they have 3 boys. The missionaries here have been teaching them for 4 months so it has been a long process but we aren't going to give up on them. The mom and middle son want to get baptized so bad. The dad knows that it is true but I think he doubts himself a lot. They have been coming to church for the last 2 months! We have some other people that we are working with, but so many aren't married. This is such a big problem, but it is ok, I just have to be patient and know that Heavenly Father will put people in my life that are ready to hear the gospel. 

For Valentines Day, we did service at Salvation Army with Elder Lee and Elder Cooper. It was amazing! We feed a ton of people and Hermana Munyer and I also made cupcakes for all the missionaries and our investigators. Valentines Day means nothing in the mission field but it was still fun! 

So, I had another slip up with my Spanish this week! We were at dinner with a family in our ward and the lady asked what kind of veggies I like. I replied, "Pompas" right when I said it, Elder Belnap looked at me with wide eyes and started shaking his head and my companion started laughing. The lady didn't know what to do! I soon realized what said. I meant to say papas which is potatoes not pompas which means buttcheecks. Oops! Well it created a good laugh! 

Missionary work is amazing every single day. Our Zone Leaders asked every companionship to sacrifice something. Hermana Munyer and I leave the house everyday at 11 instead of 12 and we eat lunch at 10 so that we can leave. Because of this, we have seen so many miracles. I love this work so much, and now that it is starting to warm up!! YAY! I love Texas and I love being a missionary! I can't believe tomorrow I hit 5 months...where has the time gone!

I hope everyone has a great week! And thank you so much for the letters and packages for Valentines Day.
Con amor, 
Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment