Monday, March 9, 2015

Rain will make the flowers grow!



Well family, it has been a rainy and snowy week here in the Texas Dallas Mission. I am in some need of some good ole sunshine, but I don't think that is going to happen for awhile. My week was great, kind of long, but sometimes you have those weeks and they just push you and stretch you to be a little bit better, so in the end I am grateful for them.

We had exchanges this week and Hermana Maxfield came here. We were in a trio for about a day and a half. It was so fun to be with her and Hermana Watts (she trained Hermana Watts) so I know that she was really excited too. We had a good day, knocking in the rain and teaching a few lessons. It is also fun to have a "missionary sleep over" as well, it gives you a little break from the normal missionary schedule. We also had an AMAZING zone meeting on Friday. The last Zone Meeting of my mission. (It is weird, I am now starting all these "lasts" of my mission!) I can't even comprehend time anymore. Our zone leaders gave awesome trainings! Elder Nish read the book "You are special" about the Wimmicks and the stickers. He talked about how we are all children of God and that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but us! Elder James trained on being superhero missionaries. It was a good "pump up" meeting which I think is what everyone needed after these 2 weeks of just awful weather. I had to give my final training too, it was hard to make it through it, but I think it went pretty well.

We had an amazing lesson with Lupe! She is so prepared! I am sad I won't be here to watch her continue to grow in the gospel, but I already made her add me as a friend of Facebook, so we can keep in touch. We talked to her about the Word of Wisdom and then ended up talking about baptisms for the dead. It was kind of random, but it worked out really well. She loves the idea of Family History and giving her family that has passed away another chance at accepting the gospel. Our other investigator Hector is not doing well at all\. He is just in and out of the hospital all the time and we haven't been able to meet with him. It was a hard week because of that. We pretty much spent a good part of Saturday trying to hunt him down. We aren't sure what to do in this situation, so we have talked to President Taylor and he has given us some good advice. It just makes me sad the whole situation but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone.

This Saturday we have a baptism of a part member family, so I am excited to spend my last Saturday on my mission with a baptism. I am so excited for this family, the are truly making the best changes to their lives. The gospel is amazing and changes lives, I have a strong testimony of that. I am so excited for the last week I have to be a missionary. I never want this week to end! I love you all so much!

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment