Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad!



Well everyone Christmas is in finally here and with no snow on the ground it feels like any other week but I am so excited to Skype with my family on Christmas! The Christmas season is amazing and the Taylor's (My mission president and his wife) are WONDERFUL! We had a mission party last Tuesday to say goodbye to the Elders and Sisters that were going home the next day and to also celebrate Christmas. They made us all (270 missionaries) breakfast and then we had a Christmas devotional and transfers. We sang Christmas songs and watched Christmas videos, I will attach them to this email so that you can watch them. Saying goodbye to missionaries for transfers is always hard, especially because I have known a lot of them since I have been out. But it is crazy to think that I will see them one day again, whether at school or just in some random place, it will be a happy reunion.

Our whole mission has memorized the "Living Christ", and what a task that has been for me. I honestly think that I have never read the Living Christ all the way through before my mission, but when President Taylor invited us all to memorize it for the Christmas season about a month ago, I was excited for the challenge. The whole mission came together and we filmed us reciting the "Living Christ" so I will attach that as well. I love the Living Christ now and I love the power of the testimonies of the living day prophets and apostles. My voice echoes their testimony of "I know that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God." What an amazing time of year it is to be here and to be a missionary. Representing Jesus Christ and his true church upon the earth. I don't think anything will give me more joy this holiday season! I love my mission and everyone that I have met. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have had to come closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ and to personally see his hand in my life. What an amazing adventure this past year, the year of my mission, has been!

We had a really cool experience this past week as well. We are teaching a family and the dad is really opposed to religion so they have been a work in progress. The mother and daughter have been really sick and so when we taught them on Wednesday night, we told them about priesthood blessings. They willingly accepted and the following night we went by with our ward mission leader and another hermano from the ward. We knocked on the door, but sadly didn't see any lights on in the apartment. Hermana Merrell and I were nervous that they weren't home. After we knocked for a few more minutes, the wife answered the door. Their electricity had been turned off because they couldn't pay the bill. There were only 2 candles lit throughout the apartment. They (the mom and the daughter) were both able to receive blessings, and the spirit was so strong in that little candle lit apartment. It was a very cool experience on my mission.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and know that I love each and everyone of you. Thank you for all your love, prayers and support on my mission. Here is to the last 3 months that I have, I am sure it will be the best 3 months of my life!

1. Texas Dallas Missionaries and the Living Christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNuP6D9DQVg

2. Probably one of the coolest videos of Christmas EVER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

3. An awesome new music video with David Archuletta and the Piano Guys. It was the worlds largest nativity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLoWt2tfqg

Hermana Cattich

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT

Peace out Elder Haskell!
Saying goodbye to these 2...SO WEIRD!

Probably 2 of my favorite elders, at least they haven't left me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment